Featured Project: Show Love Social Media Campaign
With our Show Love social media campaign, the Foundation for Family and Community Healing invited people everywhere to cherish Earth and provide social, emotional, and spiritual support for Earth’s healing.
We use our social media to promote these ideas and encouraged you to participate and Show Love along with us.
Eco-Grief and Healing: A Conversation with Gaia
Experience our Earth Day 2021 event, a virtual discussion featuring a diverse panel of experts exploring Earth topics.
This discussion includes quantum physics and Gaia consciousness, climate change and the collective unconscious, spiritual and psychological grief, healing in partnership with Earth, and more.
Richmond Earth Series
Please join us for the Richmond Earth and Healing Series, where we host zoom sessions featuring speakers and videos on topics related to environmental justice, conservation, Earth, and healing practices.
The series is a partnership between the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Richmond Earth Ministry and the Foundation for Family and Community Healing.
- Biophiliccities Biophiliccities promotes the integration of nature with cities, and to conserve and celebrate nature as a way of life.
- The Carbon Footprint Game The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax VA, All Souls Unitarian DC, Cedar Lane and River Road Unitarian Universalist Congregations in MD and the Unitarian Universalists for Social Justice created this toolkit to assist congregations, schools and youth groups to play the game and to help people to reduce their carbon footprints.
- Center for Integrative Conservation Research The Center for Integrative Conservation Research at the University of Georgia engages in research and teaching on conservation and sustainability.
- Cherish the Earth Article and video; “The Earth is a Gift to Mankind”
- Drawdown by Paul Hawken Drawdown proposes 100 of the most substantive climate change solutions and with it, the history, the cost, benefits, and possible implementation of each.
- Kiss the Ground Videos, infographics, photos, book stories, and blogs on healing the Earth through a process called Regenerative Agriculture.
- Plastic Bag Recycling A resource for community groups developed by Faith for Climate to encourage others to recycle plastic bags.
- Foundation for Intentional Community Learn about Intentional Communities, which seek to serve the needs of people and planet, and discover communities near you.
- The Great Work by Thomas Berry The Great Work urges us to use Earth as a source of happiness and wonder, rather than as a commodity for our own personal use. Berry pushes for us to make profound societal change beginning in education, and spreading to ethics, politics, and economics.
- Green Global Travel Learn more about Ecotourism practices and destinations.
- The Happy Planet Index The Happy Planet Index Rates countries on how well they create sustainable and happy lives, as opposed to more traditional rating approaches.
- Interfaith Power & Light Interfaith Power & Light seeks to bring people of all faiths to be faithful stewards of Creation. The News and Resources tab offers climate change and alternative energy information, and statements from various religious leaders on climate change.
- Mothers Out Front – Richmond, VA The Mothers Out Front RVA team serves the Richmond, VA area including the surrounding suburbs. Together, they tackle issues affecting our neighborhoods and our families. They empower moms right here in RVA to become fierce community advocates.
- Nature and Forest Therapy Learn about forest healing and rejuvenation practices, and find a Forest Bathing guide near you.
- Paris Pledge Toolkit A guide for Congregations wanting to cut their Greenhouse Gasses. The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax (UUCF) Climate Action Group created this information kit to assist other congregations in taking steps to reduce their carbon dioxide emissions.
- One Earth Conservation A 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that seeks to heal human systems that diminish individual worth and separates humans artificially from the rest of nature in many ways. We affirm that people must be healthy and develop multiple intelligences so all of life, individuals, and human and biotic systems on Earth can flourish.
- Protect US An organization born out of the spirit of Standing Rock and countless other social movements working to implement market mechanism solutions to the most pressing problems in the United States.
- Quest Foundation A non-profit 501 (c) 3 publicly funded organization established in 1971. Their goal for over four decades has been to help save millions of critical ecosystem acreage from Alaska to the Amazon but primarily in the Southeastern United States. They have done this through applied science based research and fine art photographic still and video documentation.
- Reiki.org An example of a Whole Earth Healing reiki practice.
- Saving Ourselves – Sunday Service Worship Experience a virtual Sunday service from the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Richmond, Virginia exploring our relationship with Earth.
- The Secret Life of Trees
The Secret Life of Trees explores the way trees work and what they are, finding out how they communicate, how they tell the time, how they came to exist, and much much more.
- Williams City Farm Williams City Farm’s goal is to not only to grow delicious fruits and vegetables but to show / education the local community on how they may grow and sustain a garden for themselves. This little urban farm therefore seeks to partner with various groups to educate our youth and adults on various garden methods.